Terms & Conditions
1. Period of Hire: Letting starts at 4pm on the day of arrival and ends at 11am on the day of departure. Lets are on a weekly basis (Saturday to Saturday, with variations at Christmas and New Year) and the maximum period of let is 4 weeks. The house is let for holiday purposes only and only to the persons named on the booking form.
2. Booking & Payment: A firm booking is accepted following confirmation of availability. A deposit of £300 for each rental week is payable when a booking is made. The balance of the hire charge shall be payable 8 weeks before the commencement of the letting period. If the balance is not received by this date then the Owners (meaning the owners of the Skye Window House) will be entitled to re-let for the period, and the deposit will be forfeited by the Client. For booking made less than 8 weeks in advance, full payment is required at time of booking. Acceptable methods of payment are:
Cheques made payable to: Mansson Lowe Ltd.
Direct transfer to UK bank account. Details on request.
PayPal. Details on request.
Once the booking is confirmed by the Owners, the Client is responsible for the full hire charge.
3. Cancellations: Should a Client cancel a booking, the Owners will seek to re-let the property for the period of hire. If successful in doing so a full refund will be made. If not the deposit will be forfeited. If cancellation occurs less than 8 weeks prior to hire and the Owners are unable to re-let for the period, then the entire hire fee will be forfeited by the Client.
4. Availability: If the Skye Window House cannot be made available for the period booked due to events beyond the Owners’ control and the Owners are forced to cancel the booking, the whole of the hire charge will be refunded and the Client will have no further claim against the Owners. Clients are strongly advised to take out Holiday Cancellation Insurance.
5. Services: Use of electricity, water, firewood, sheets, duvets and towels are all included in the weekly tariffs.
6. Number of Persons using the properties: The number of persons occupying the properties should not exceed six (plus one baby). Subletting is strictly prohibited.
7. Complaints & Problems: Should there be any problem or cause for complaint during or after a period of letting, please contact the Owners with full details as soon as possible and we will attempt to resolve the matter.
8. Breakage or Damage: For the benefit of others staying in the house, please advise us immediately of any breakages or damage that occurs during your stay. The Skye Window House reserves the right to demand payment for damage or breakages, which occur as a result of reckless or deliberate misuse.
9. Care of Property: The Client shall take reasonable and proper care of the property, its furniture, pictures, fittings and effects in or on the property and leave them in the same clean and tidy condition and state of repair at the end of the letting period as at the beginning.
10. Pets: Unfortunately, no dogs or any other pets are allowed in the house.
11. Smoking: Smoking is strictly not permitted indoors.
12. Liability: The Owner shall have no liability for any death, personal injury, damage or loss of personal property unless this results from our own negligence.
13. Right of Entry: We reserve the right of entry to the property at all reasonable times for the purposes of inspection or to carry out necessary repairs or maintenance.
14. Injury Loss or Damage: The use of the property and its equipment is entirely at the Client’s risk and no responsibility can be accepted by the Owners for injury to the Client or a member of his or her party, not for injury loss or damage to their belongings, including motor vehicles. Client’s Responsibility – The Client is responsible for the property and its contents, which should be left clean at the end of the holiday, and breakages, damage or faults reported to the Owners.
15. Contract: The Contract of Hire is between the Client and Mansson Lowe Ltd, owner of the Skye Window House at Sasaig, Sleat, Isle of Skye.
The Skye Window House is committed to protecting your privacy. All information will be collected lawfully and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We collect information about you to process your order and to provide you with the best possible service.
The type of information we will collect about you includes:
Name, address, phone number, email address.
We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent and the information we have will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we have about you by emailing us. If you find any inaccuracies please let us know and we will correct it or delete it for you.
We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. This can include using a cookie, which would be stored on your browser. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings.
This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.